Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
left > NO SOUND!, help seperator Options V right
cwflad
post Dec 20 2008, 04:37 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,207

I just purchased a Duduk with the intent of teaching myself how to play. Sadly, i can not even make a sound. i am fairly confident that the Duduk is of good quality, I think it is just my inexperience. i wet the read and insert it into the shaft. then i blow, but i dont know HOW im supposed to be blowing. lease respond with any tips you have as I have yet to produce anything but the sound of air......
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Duduk
post Dec 20 2008, 06:43 AM
Post #2

I have Lit My Candles
Group Icon

Group: Founder
Member No.: 2

HI

is the reed open enough ? or haw much opening do you have

--------------------
...: :...Powered by Apricot Juice ...: :...
+Quote Post
hrimnir
post Dec 20 2008, 01:53 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,186

Dear CWFLAD

Before I make a long letter to You and the forum, I would ask You if You have any expirience with other wind instruments or reed instruments ??

best regards Hrimnir

+Quote Post
Duduk
post Dec 20 2008, 07:17 PM
Post #4

I have Lit My Candles
Group Icon

It will be best to make a video and post it..
we keep on getting the same question
i'l see if we can do it in next week or so

Moses

--------------------
+Quote Post
cwflad
post Dec 21 2008, 06:49 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 4,207

QUOTE(hrimnir @ Dec 20 2008, 08:53 AM) *

Dear CWFLAD

Before I make a long letter to You and the forum, I would ask You if You have any expirience with other wind instruments or reed instruments ??

best regards Hrimnir

No, thats why im confident that its simply my inexperience. i know that your going to tell me that a dudk isnt the instrument to start on but I knew it would be hard when i made the decision. I have managed to get a sound, it was a combination of a bad reed and a LARGE underestimate of the amount of air it requires. still, I can only get about 2 notes and then the sound goes dead. its very hard to keep the sound going as I change notes. tips are appreciated.

+Quote Post
David
post Dec 21 2008, 03:17 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 4,187

QUOTE(cwflad @ Dec 21 2008, 07:49 AM) *

No, thats why im confident that its simply my inexperience. i know that your going to tell me that a dudk isnt the instrument to start on but I knew it would be hard when i made the decision. I have managed to get a sound, it was a combination of a bad reed and a LARGE underestimate of the amount of air it requires. still, I can only get about 2 notes and then the sound goes dead. its very hard to keep the sound going as I change notes. tips are appreciated.

Look around on the website, there is more than enough information. I am waiting for my duduk as we speak. Can't wait

Good Luck!
+Quote Post
hrimnir
post Dec 21 2008, 05:21 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,186

Dear CWFLAD.

I think it is great, when you after 2 days, can get a sound or 2 tones out of your duduk. Despite I have been playing all saxophones and clarinet for 40 years, i am 62, I can assure you that the duduk was a big surprise for me to blow. When you dont have any expirience with woodwinds, then I think you should be very happy with 2 notes to start with.
1: play every tone you can get for a long time,until you are sure you can catch it proberly,slow working
2: You have to learn to close the holes properly, when not closing properly,you will not get a proper tone or none. You can exersice on this, by using a cheap flute or pennywhistle I think the name is in english, you can buy them in every toy store. The holes is nearly as big as these of the duduk. Its more easy to learn proper closing this way, when you can be sure of having a tone without trouble.
3: then you have to learn to breathe and blow with you stomach or using your solar plexus. Then you can control the airflow. Lay flat on the floor,place a book on Your solar plexus, and see if you can breathe that way.
4: all exersices should take about 20 min. a day.
5: be very happy if you can play a whole scale on the duduk after a month !
6: the instructions for how to control the reed given here on Duduks site, see FAQ are very good and is working, but be patience. The reed, which was wery good I bought from Duduk.com was the best reed I ever have owend, out of a collection of 6 reeds. But it took 3 weeks with daily practise, to get it wright on all tones.

Best regards and merry christmas to all: HRIMNIR

QUOTE(Duduk @ Dec 20 2008, 08:17 PM) *

It will be best to make a video and post it..
we keep on getting the same question
i'l see if we can do it in next week or so

Moses

Dear Moses. I think that would be an exellent idea. The other videoes You have uploaded to You Tube, see halfhole technic and vibrato is exellent
If I could wish, I would certainly be intersted in a video, where you show how the reeds are made.
best regards Hrimnir
+Quote Post
Duduk
post Jan 5 2009, 05:40 PM
Post #8

I have Lit My Candles
Group Icon

QUOTE(hrimnir @ Dec 21 2008, 05:21 PM) *

Dear CWFLAD.

I think it is great, when you after 2 days, can get a sound or 2 tones out of your duduk. Despite I have been playing all saxophones and clarinet for 40 years, i am 62, I can assure you that the duduk was a big surprise for me to blow. When you dont have any expirience with woodwinds, then I think you should be very happy with 2 notes to start with.
1: play every tone you can get for a long time,until you are sure you can catch it proberly,slow working
2: You have to learn to close the holes properly, when not closing properly,you will not get a proper tone or none. You can exersice on this, by using a cheap flute or pennywhistle I think the name is in english, you can buy them in every toy store. The holes is nearly as big as these of the duduk. Its more easy to learn proper closing this way, when you can be sure of having a tone without trouble.
3: then you have to learn to breathe and blow with you stomach or using your solar plexus. Then you can control the airflow. Lay flat on the floor,place a book on Your solar plexus, and see if you can breathe that way.
4: all exersices should take about 20 min. a day.
5: be very happy if you can play a whole scale on the duduk after a month !
6: the instructions for how to control the reed given here on Duduks site, see FAQ are very good and is working, but be patience. The reed, which was wery good I bought from Duduk.com was the best reed I ever have owend, out of a collection of 6 reeds. But it took 3 weeks with daily practise, to get it wright on all tones.

Best regards and merry christmas to all: HRIMNIR
Dear Moses. I think that would be an exellent idea. The other videoes You have uploaded to You Tube, see halfhole technic and vibrato is exellent
If I could wish, I would certainly be intersted in a video, where you show how the reeds are made.
best regards Hrimnir

HI
my problem is the time sad.gif
i will make one but please, i need time, at it is i have 32 orders that need to be made / tuned and shipped in next 15 days.

Moses

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:58 PM

popOrange © 2005 Orange Pop Design, Skin by Chris Y