Reply to this topicStart new topic
left > different shvi seperator Options V right
byronudel
post Jul 20 2007, 11:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,087

Hi Moses,

I was just wondering, what's your opinion of the difference in tone/construction/tuning between the two types of (one and two piece) Ruben Shvis and the Karen Shvis in the Blul-Shvi combo that you offer? and do the combo instruments work well as Bluls?

And thanks for all the other amazing quality instruments and reeds over the last 2 years!
-Brian
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Duduk
post Jul 20 2007, 06:35 PM
Post #2

I have Lit My Candles
Group Icon

Group: Founder
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(byronudel @ Jul 20 2007, 11:23 AM) *

Hi Moses,

I was just wondering, what's your opinion of the difference in tone/construction/tuning between the two types of (one and two piece) Ruben Shvis and the Karen Shvis in the Blul-Shvi combo that you offer? and do the combo instruments work well as Bluls?
And thanks for all the other amazing quality instruments and reeds over the last 2 years!
-Brian

Hello Brian
i did get your email - did try to call you but could not get hold of you

I have always recognize Master ruben as the best of the Shvi makers - but that was before i gat to know master OMO or Karen

Rubens Shvis & Bluels are fine - but We could not get him to alter / improve his instruments
specially his bluels
IPB Image
http://WWW.DUDUK.COM/Arm-music-ins/Blul/rr...LUL/A-bluel.mpg
sorry it's saidway wink.gif as you can see he plays the bluel w/ no problem
the top hole or the inside diameter is smaller - many who have played bluel or blule like instruments before had no problem of playing - but someone like me who has never used the instrument it was difficult - the only solution was to enlarge the hole / which the master refuse to
the instruments was fine, wood was good enough, tuning was consistent - but he will not make any changes to it

IPB Image
IPB Image

Master OMO was fine - like always he was open to any Crazy Idea that I had wink.gif and believe me i have had many of them smile.gif starting from Bass duduks to Clarduks, Shvis to Bluels. but since he has passed a way, many projects have been left unfinished

Karen
relatively younger master who has been welling to work and make all necessary changes that our customers have asked for - he was making bluels & shvis long before we start working together, but we had an idea of changing the inside diameter of the bluel hole + make the instrument bit more shorter - after 3 or 4 tests we have got it ! it was accomplished an instrument that was much easier to play even for beginner's, from the first day i was able to pay them .

IPB Image
IPB Image

Next was the bluel & Shvi Combos that for me are much more fun and gaivs me the ability to play a shvi and switch wan i wish to play the bluel - most of all the fingering was the same as shvi.
sound is nice / tuning is consistent / wood is properly aged for shvi & bluel

one and two piece Shvis / Bluels

Most all of Bluels are two piece do to the length of the instrument

Shvis - for many centuries our shvis was made from cane reed - one piece
IPB Image

then someone has made it out of Apricot wood
IPB Image

i can't rimember who was the first master who start making two piece shvis - Sorry / i'm not holding back / and i hope whoever he was will not get offended - i just don't know

IPB Image

two piece shvi gives you the ability to change the tuning on the whole instrument by 1/4 of a key
it also changes the intonation a bit
sound is same as the one or two piece shvis
you can also fine tune the bluel or change the tuning a bit on two piece Bluel

--------------------
...: :...Powered by Apricot Juice ...: :...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:33 PM

popOrange © 2005 Orange Pop Design, Skin by Chris Y