Reply to this topicStart new topic
left > More tuning issues... seperator Options V right
AlanUK
post Aug 25 2008, 01:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,128

Just a quick tuning question...

A while ago a bought an OMO duduk in C and a medium reed to go with. It sounds lovely and I am very pleased but it wasn't until I started to jam with other people that I realised it's a whole half step out. The reed sounds D as it should but the open note is D flat- then B, B flat, A, G, F, E, D, D flat, and B flat. Not quite the key of C...

I can correct it a bit with half holing/ aperture etc. but is this fixable with tuning? or are the reed and duduk just not compatible? This would be a shame because it's a lovely sounding reed.

If it can be fixed with tuning do I add or take away thread?

Cheers

Alan rolleyes.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Duduk
post Aug 27 2008, 07:31 PM
Post #2

I have Lit My Candles
Group Icon

Group: Founder
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(AlanUK @ Aug 25 2008, 01:17 PM) *

Just a quick tuning question...

A while ago a bought an OMO duduk in C and a medium reed to go with. It sounds lovely and I am very pleased but it wasn't until I started to jam with other people that I realised it's a whole half step out. The reed sounds D as it should but the open note is D flat- then B, B flat, A, G, F, E, D, D flat, and B flat. Not quite the key of C...

I can correct it a bit with half holing/ aperture etc. but is this fixable with tuning? or are the reed and duduk just not compatible? This would be a shame because it's a lovely sounding reed.

If it can be fixed with tuning do I add or take away thread?

Cheers

Alan rolleyes.gif

smile.gif it's normal smile.gif see your reed was new and most any new reed will sound bit sharp, after using it for 2 or 3 week it will go flatter, so now you need to tune / fine tuneing your reed to your duduk
it' s an easy correction some time you get to fine tune the same reed over and over smile.gif welcome to wonderful world of duduk playing wink.gif

you can fine tune your duduk by simply adding or taking Thread of your duduk reed, don;t just take all if it out smile.gif or add tomch, in this case you need to add bit more Thread

--------------------
...: :...Powered by Apricot Juice ...: :...
+Quote Post
AlanUK
post Aug 28 2008, 01:30 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,128

QUOTE(Duduk @ Aug 27 2008, 08:31 PM) *

smile.gif it's normal smile.gif see your reed was new and most any new reed will sound bit sharp, after using it for 2 or 3 week it will go flatter, so now you need to tune / fine tuneing your reed to your duduk
it' s an easy correction some time you get to fine tune the same reed over and over smile.gif welcome to wonderful world of duduk playing wink.gif

you can fine tune your duduk by simply adding or taking Thread of your duduk reed, don;t just take all if it out smile.gif or add tomch, in this case you need to add bit more Thread

Thank you laugh.gif I will go raid my girlfriend's sewing kit...
+Quote Post
Duduk
post Aug 29 2008, 05:35 AM
Post #4

I have Lit My Candles
Group Icon

Group: Founder
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(AlanUK @ Aug 28 2008, 01:30 PM) *

Thank you laugh.gif I will go raid my girlfriend's sewing kit...

smile.gif

--------------------
...: :...Powered by Apricot Juice ...: :...
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:19 PM

popOrange © 2005 Orange Pop Design, Skin by Chris Y