Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
left > HELP MY NEW DUDUK HAS A CRACK IN IT!!!! seperator Options V right
Greekduduk
post Jan 2 2007, 08:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,423

HELLO everyone! i just bought a duduk a few weeks ago and now im noticing after i play and put away my duduk, i see a long crack in the wood from holes 5-6 and then continues from holes 6-7!!!! im scared!! i just spent a lot of money and there is a huuge crack@!!! what do i do???? its not so deep, but in the past few days ive noticed on side of the crack go deeper. how should i handle this????

Fotis
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Greekduduk
post Jan 8 2007, 04:25 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,423

bump... anyone know??? moses????
+Quote Post
Duduk
post Jan 10 2007, 12:41 PM
Post #3

I have Lit My Candles
Group Icon

Group: Founder
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Greekduduk @ Jan 2 2007, 08:23 PM) *

HELLO everyone! i just bought a duduk a few weeks ago and now im noticing after i play and put away my duduk, i see a long crack in the wood from holes 5-6 and then continues from holes 6-7!!!! im scared!! i just spent a lot of money and there is a huuge crack@!!! what do i do???? its not so deep, but in the past few days ive noticed on side of the crack go deeper. how should i handle this????

Fotis

Hello

Sorry have been working on some new projects and did not have much time for the forum

ok #1 the Crack
normally found in the upper half of the top section, mostly on the top wer you place the reed or all the way dawn - but 5 to 7 hmmm - only 1 or 2 out of 100 duduks might develop such problem -
The outer surfaces of the wood are weakest where tone holes have been drilled, and this is usually where such cracks might appear. They usually follow parallel to the-natural graining of the wood.

your duduk is only a week old so i will not say that it's caused by neglect or luck of oiling...
but if it was NOT misshandelt it should not have such problems.
also quick / rapped temperature changes can also cause cracks.

#2 to prevent cracking you need to apply oil / if you stop by at our duduk help page you can see the instructions on how to

#3 to prevent the crack from advancing - you need to get hold of an instrument repair man who can make 3 or 4 V shape 1~2mm deep grooves on to duduk, then wrap some strong Thread around the duduk in to the grooves just enugh to be even w/duduks surfaces . some masters apply bees wax on top of the thread some advice to oil regularly

#4 who is your duduk made by ??

--------------------
...: :...Powered by Apricot Juice ...: :...
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 11:12 PM

popOrange © 2005 Orange Pop Design, Skin by Chris Y