Reply to this topicStart new topic
left > I think im doing something wrong....., Reed seperator Options V right
cwflad
post Jan 7 2009, 04:54 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,207

Hi!!
got my Duduk for christmas and have been practicing it often. At first, I couldnt make a sound, i found out that it was because I was A) using a medium reed (i had never played a reed instrument before) and cool.gif the reed was open WAY too much. After I started practicing with a soft reed, i found producing a note to be...... quite easy.... this is why im posting this. I have heard that it takes a lot of practice but me, having never played a reed instrument before, am able to produce a pretty nice sound after 2 weeks...is this normal? Now, I try to close the reed as much as possible to make it easy to play, the soft reed is very easy, medium reed is hard and hard reed is impossible, I have also found out that the 3 different reeds have different pitches and that the more closed the reed is, the higher the pitch is, Is this normal??? Im very confused, PLEASE HELP.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hrimnir
post Jan 7 2009, 08:20 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,186

biggrin.gif hi, cwflad what a progress !! Practice the soft reed as much as you can, after a while you can move on to the medium, it depends a lot of the embrochure you will develop over time. Yes it is true, that the more you closes the reed, the pitch will go up. Thats why the use of the bridle is to regulate the opening, but also to regulate and control the pitch, it would be a good idea, to record the duduks scale by a piano, and then practise along with it, it is a really a good help, to find out how much air you need to get the pitch right for every tone best regards HRIMNIR
QUOTE(cwflad @ Jan 7 2009, 05:54 AM) *

Hi!!
got my Duduk for christmas and have been practicing it often. At first, I couldnt make a sound, i found out that it was because I was A) using a medium reed (i had never played a reed instrument before) and cool.gif the reed was open WAY too much. After I started practicing with a soft reed, i found producing a note to be...... quite easy.... this is why im posting this. I have heard that it takes a lot of practice but me, having never played a reed instrument before, am able to produce a pretty nice sound after 2 weeks...is this normal? Now, I try to close the reed as much as possible to make it easy to play, the soft reed is very easy, medium reed is hard and hard reed is impossible, I have also found out that the 3 different reeds have different pitches and that the more closed the reed is, the higher the pitch is, Is this normal??? Im very confused, PLEASE HELP.

This post has been edited by hrimnir: Jan 7 2009, 08:22 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:32 PM

popOrange © 2005 Orange Pop Design, Skin by Chris Y