Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
left > Hello from Windsor, Canada seperator Options V right
joe
post Mar 1 2007, 04:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,506

I have been a professional musician for 35 years as a guitarist and interested in playing the duduk. Nice to see a forum where we can exchange ideas , accomplishments & directions. I am located in Windsor. Just across Detroit, Mi. All welcomed players of the duduk are invited to contact me . i would love to meet you.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
El Catalan
post May 17 2007, 02:53 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,788

QUOTE(joe @ Mar 1 2007, 04:02 PM) *

I have been a professional musician for 35 years as a guitarist and interested in playing the duduk. Nice to see a forum where we can exchange ideas , accomplishments & directions. I am located in Windsor. Just across Detroit, Mi. All welcomed players of the duduk are invited to contact me . i would love to meet you.

Hello from Texas. Are you a classical guitarrist? I studied classical guitar with
guitar master Aquiles Valdes for about 5 years, and have been playing off and
on since age 10. I am 47 now. I have a Yamaha classic guitar that sounds mellow
and sweet.
The Armenian duduk have impacted my soul deeper than any other instruments
I have played, like the alto and tenor recorders, the mandolin, the trombone,
the piano, even my beloved bassoon!
I purchased a duduk in Re from Kyle music, thinking I was getting an Armenian duduk, he-he.
Well, iactually t turned out to be a Turkish Mey crafted of mulberry wood, at a very affordable price.
It took me a couple of days to get acquainted with the reed, and one note at a time, was able to play a full D
scale in a week, without my embouchure pooping out Now I am able to play short original pieces of 2-3 minutes length, without going out of tune so much.
Oh well, I am awaiting my X3 professional Armenian duduks purchased at ebay, via Chicago, Illinois.
I am hoping to reproduce the same sweet sounds I hear in the "YouTube" website, he-he, talk about long term goals!
Regards, and thank you for posting! El Catalan
+Quote Post
joe
post May 18 2007, 01:19 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,506

QUOTE(El Catalan @ May 17 2007, 10:53 AM) *

Hello from Texas. Are you a classical guitarrist? I studied classical guitar with
guitar master Aquiles Valdes for about 5 years, and have been playing off and
on since age 10. I am 47 now. I have a Yamaha classic guitar that sounds mellow
and sweet.
The Armenian duduk have impacted my soul deeper than any other instruments
I have played, like the alto and tenor recorders, the mandolin, the trombone,
the piano, even my beloved bassoon!
I purchased a duduk in Re from Kyle music, thinking I was getting an Armenian duduk, he-he.
Well, iactually t turned out to be a Turkish Mey crafted of mulberry wood, at a very affordable price.
It took me a couple of days to get acquainted with the reed, and one note at a time, was able to play a full D
scale in a week, without my embouchure pooping out Now I am able to play short original pieces of 2-3 minutes length, without going out of tune so much.
Oh well, I am awaiting my X3 professional Armenian duduks purchased at ebay, via Chicago, Illinois.
I am hoping to reproduce the same sweet sounds I hear in the "YouTube" website, he-he, talk about long term goals!
Regards, and thank you for posting! El Catalan

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:57 AM

popOrange © 2005 Orange Pop Design, Skin by Chris Y