Reply to this topicStart new topic
left > Any help? seperator Options V right
David
post Apr 25 2009, 12:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,187

Hello everyone,

My duduk got shipped two days ago so I'm waiting for mine as we speak. I got a few questions though, so if anyone has an opinion, do share.

I have never played duduk before so it'll probably be a struggle at first. Before I play at all I want to make some things clear. First of all, I smoke. So is that going to do anything do the reed or duduk? And second, next to my room (the top floor) is a washing machine and a dryer. In the summer it can be very hot in my room and with the dryer going sometimes it gets really moist. I ordered a duduk with soft bag and a case for the reed(s). The pear wood case from the site was not in stock so I have to wait a few months. No biggie, but is the soft bag enough protection for the heat and moist? Or should I better store it in an other room wich has a 'stable environment'.

Please respond smile.gif

David, from the Netherlands, Europe

p.s. how long does the shipping to holland take?

This post has been edited by David: Apr 25 2009, 12:28 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Duduk
post Apr 28 2009, 04:42 PM
Post #2

I have Lit My Candles
Group Icon

Group: Founder
Member No.: 2

[quote]Hello everyone,

My duduk got shipped two days ago so I'm waiting for mine as we speak. I got a few questions though, so if anyone has an opinion, do share.

I have never played duduk before so it'll probably be a struggle at first. Before I play at all I want to make some things clear. First of all, I smoke. So is that going to do anything do the reed or duduk?
[/quote]

Smoke will not harm the duduk or the reed smile.gif it will only harm you, try not to apply any pressure to your lags, use your abdominal muscles

[quote]
And second, next to my room (the top floor) is a washing machine and a dryer. In the summer it can be very hot in my room and with the dryer going sometimes it gets really moist. I ordered a duduk with soft bag and a case for the reed(s). The pear wood case from the site was not in stock so I have to wait a few months. No biggie, but is the soft bag enough protection for the heat and moist? Or should I better store it in an other room wich has a 'stable environment'.[/quote]

it will be better if you store in the other room that has a 'stable environment'

[quote]Please respond smile.gif

David, from the Netherlands, Europe

p.s. how long does the shipping to holland take?
[/quote]

Soon smile.gif

[/quote]

--------------------
...: :...Powered by Apricot Juice ...: :...
+Quote Post
David
post Apr 28 2009, 05:12 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,187

QUOTE(Duduk @ Apr 28 2009, 06:42 PM) *

Smoke will not harm the duduk or the reed smile.gif it will only harm you, try not to apply any pressure to your lags, use your abdominal muscles
it will be better if you store in the other room that has a 'stable environment'
Soon smile.gif

Thank you, It is allready in the netherlands, I expect it any day now. When I have it I will keep you posted.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:38 PM

popOrange © 2005 Orange Pop Design, Skin by Chris Y