Reply to this topicStart new topic
left > hard time on high notes seperator Options V right
Alpha
post Jun 20 2006, 07:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 53

hi
this may be a stupid question but the higher note that can be achived in the duduk is with the first hole unblocked? unsure.gif unsure.gif

i mean i'm trying to play/cover this [click here to listen] i'm almost sure that the first note is the first hole unblocked but the second note is a higher one, how can i achive that? unsure.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Colin
post Jun 22 2006, 01:51 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 26

Alpha,

I tried playing this sample on a Bb duduk. It seems to be the right key smile.gif
The high note is a Bb, which is all fingers off.

If you're talking about the highest note on the duduk, you can play all fingers off and then bend the note up another whole step with your lips. This can be hard to do and I haven't been able to do this with every reed
but I have had lots of success hitting the high note with Albert's reeds biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Alpha
post Jun 22 2006, 04:59 PM
Post #3

thanks for helping man smile.gif
i have an A duduk it is possible to play all the notes from that sample with this duduk?

QUOTE(Colin @ Jun 22 2006, 02:51 PM) *

Alpha,

I tried playing this sample on a Bb duduk. It seems to be the right key smile.gif

If you're talking about the highest note on the duduk, you can play all fingers off and then bend the note up another whole step with your lips. This can be hard to do and I haven't been able to do this with every reed
but I have had lots of success hitting the high note with Albert's reeds biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Colin
post Jun 22 2006, 11:58 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 26

You could play the same notes on the A duduk but the fingering would change and you would be using more half-hole notes.

I would just transpose the piece into the key of A. For example, the first note in the sample is a G
( first finger + thumb ) On the A duduk, the same fingering would produce an F# so every note in the sample would be half a step lower but you could play the exact same melody smile.gif

BTW- I'm only guessing that it is in the key of Bb. I'd have to hear the whole piece to know for sure wink.gif

Good luck
Colin
+Quote Post
Alpha
post Jun 23 2006, 01:30 AM
Post #5

thank you!! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
i'll try
QUOTE(Colin @ Jun 23 2006, 12:58 AM) *

You could play the same notes on the A duduk but the fingering would change and you would be using more half-hole notes.

I would just transpose the piece into the key of A. For example, the first note in the sample is a G
( first finger + thumb ) On the A duduk, the same fingering would produce an F# so every note in the sample would be half a step lower but you could play the exact same melody smile.gif

BTW- I'm only guessing that it is in the key of Bb. I'd have to hear the whole piece to know for sure wink.gif

Good luck
Colin

+Quote Post
Duduk
post Jun 23 2006, 09:17 PM
Post #6

I have Lit My Candles
Group Icon

Group: Founder
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Colin @ Jun 22 2006, 01:51 PM) *

Alpha,

if your new to duduk and having a hard time of "pinching / bending" the reed on other way to "pinching / bending" the note up^ is to twist the duduk 1/4 turn against your lips - it will take bit practise

"pinching / bending" - it works the best on a soft or a medium melody reeds

--------------------
...: :...Powered by Apricot Juice ...: :...
+Quote Post
Alpha
post Jul 7 2006, 04:41 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(Duduk @ Jun 23 2006, 10:17 PM) *

if your new to duduk and having a hard time of "pinching / bending" the reed on other way to "pinching / bending" the note up^ is to twist the duduk 1/4 turn against your lips - it will take bit practise

"pinching / bending" - it works the best on a soft or a medium melody reeds

thank you =) i'm working that out =)

i've been trying to email you regarding the learning dvd's but i've got no answer, maybe the form on the site isn't working, can you give me your direct email address?

regards
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 09:58 AM

popOrange © 2005 Orange Pop Design, Skin by Chris Y