left logo_right

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
left > Hi from New York City, Karen Hakobyan buzzing bridal problem seperator Options V right
Jody
post Nov 28 2011, 06:31 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,455

Hi Duduk forum readers,

I'm glad to have just joined and this is my first post. Duduk, what a great sound... if only I could get it! sad.gif I'll keep practicing and I am getting better, though slowly. I play sax and many other instruments including the suling (indonesian recorder) and some performances on the double reed bombard. Aside from winds I also play guitar, mandolin and a bunch of percussion instruments though my main squeeze is the Anglo concertina and singing.

I'm having a frustrating time of it though with reed problems on the duduk. I get everything nicely in tune and sounding pretty good, then the bridal starts to buzz. As I play, and especially when I play loud, the vibration of the reed loosens the bridal, it moves up, becomes loose and buzzes. The buzz, though distinctive and extreme is not unpleasant by itself but it takes energy out of the reed and lowers the pitch. Also, in listening to the masters play, they do not have this buzzing sound. So what to do? How can I increase the friction to hold the bridle down? If I push it way far down then the reed is too closed to sound. If I push it just right to be in tune then it comes loose and buzzes. I'm sure that someone here can advise me how to make this work. Please help!

I'm playing a Karen Hakobyan A instrument and I believe he also provided the reeds. It is marked with a gold stamp "HK" This does not look like a souvenir instrument to me but I really have no idea of its quality.

Jody Kruskal
www.jodykruskal.com

This post has been edited by Jody: Nov 28 2011, 06:33 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Duduk
post Dec 14 2011, 09:37 PM
Post #2

I have Lit My Candles
Group Icon

Group: Founder
Member No.: 2

Hello Jody & Welcome

all you need to do is apply some moisture to outer part of your reed & inner part of your bridal. it should work.
also instead of pushing the bridal dawn evenly, yo can push it dawn on an angel.

if that will not help then your bridal must be adjusted to the shape of your reed, make sure it touches the reed in must parts, just don't over do this, be careful not to damage the bridal

MOses

--------------------
...: :...Powered by Apricot Juice ...: :...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:20 AM

popOrange © 2005 Orange Pop Design, Skin by Chris Y