left > TRIBUTE TO DUDUK VIRTUOSO - Vache Hovsepyan seperator Options V right
yavalia
post Mar 28 2008, 07:21 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,092

The Last Temptation of Christ Trailer

A mix to compare the motion picture trailer of 1988 with the original
recording of the Armenian duduk grand master Vache Hovsepyan in 1968...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pbCoAacELgY

Humbly,

Valentine Grigorians
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Apricot
post Mar 28 2008, 08:05 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,108

QUOTE(yavalia @ Mar 28 2008, 08:21 AM) *

The Last Temptation of Christ Trailer

A mix to compare the motion picture trailer of 1988 with the original
recording of the Armenian duduk grand master Vache Hovsepyan in 1968...

http://youtube. com/watch? v=pbCoAacELgY

Humbly,

Valentine Grigorians

Unless there are more than one available recording ov Hovern Enkan with Vache Hovsepyan, I guess this is the same recording, except that Peter Gabriel has tuned the original down a little (in order to make it fit with the music). I didn't compare the two, but always thought that Gabriel used the Vatche Hovsepian recording, and I have only seen one.

I heard that when V.H. lost his main reed, he actually stopped playing duduk for a while, until he found another one which was just as good. Listening to his original recording, it seems like the reed he is using is quite soft - without sounding overly nasal. It (and most of all, V.H. of course!) sounds incredible.
+Quote Post
yavalia
post Mar 29 2008, 02:50 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,092

You wouldn't believe what electronic mixing and effects equipment can do these days; they work wonders !

I took the music from Peter Gabriel's album and the movie trailer clip and combined it with the original Vache Hovsepyan recording of 1968, for comparison reasons of course. And yes, its quite possible that, the original recording was somehow manipulated on the expense of added drumbeats !

That might explain the difference of sound variation !

I did a slight manipulation of that tune and you would'nt believe the results I had gotten ! wink.gif

Imagine, what people with multi-million dollar equipment can do to sounds !

QUOTE(Apricot @ Mar 28 2008, 08:05 AM) *

Unless there are more than one available recording ov Hovern Enkan with Vache Hovsepyan, I guess this is the same recording, except that Peter Gabriel has tuned the original down a little (in order to make it fit with the music). I didn't compare the two, but always thought that Gabriel used the Vatche Hovsepian recording, and I have only seen one.

I heard that when V.H. lost his main reed, he actually stopped playing duduk for a while, until he found another one which was just as good. Listening to his original recording, it seems like the reed he is using is quite soft - without sounding overly nasal. It (and most of all, V.H. of course!) sounds incredible.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2018 - 05:58 PM

popOrange 2005 Orange Pop Design, Skin by Chris Y