Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Duduk classes.
Duduk.com > Duduk > Duduk Help
joe
If anyone is interested in getting together for a couple of days, with an professional duduk instructor, please let me know. I would like to organize something of that nature. Please e-mail me at
CODE
maiojoefran@hotmail.com

Sincerely:

Joe Maio
Duduk
Hello Joe / wan posting a email address - use a Cod BOX future to post - otherwise that email address will be submitted to search engines smile.gif
joe
QUOTE(Duduk @ Jun 21 2007, 03:57 AM) *

Hello Joe / wan posting a email address - use a Cod BOX future to post - otherwise that email address will be submitted to search engines smile.gif

So how can i send a general request to all the members ?
Duduk
your doing just fine - the only problem is if your Emial address is not wrapped in a cod box - it will be all over the Internet in next 4 to 5 days - next think you know you will get junk mail that you can;t end unless you get a new email address -

also fell free to use the PM future of the forum it will keep your email privet and at the same time you can communicate w/ everyone

believe me smile.gif i'm a found of an popular Armenian forum - have Beeeennnnn doing this for bit over 10 years smile.gif you don't; need your email address published in a open forum wink.gif
joe
QUOTE(Duduk @ Jun 21 2007, 04:08 PM) *

your doing just fine - the only problem is if your Emial address is not wrapped in a cod box - it will be all over the Internet in next 4 to 5 days - next think you know you will get junk mail that you can;t end unless you get a new email address -
also fell free to use the PM future of the forum it will keep your email privet and at the same time you can communicate w/ everyone

believe me smile.gif i'm a found of an popular Armenian forum - have Beeeennnnn doing this for bit over 10 years smile.gif you don't; need your email address published in a open forum wink.gif

Thanks for your help. Maybe we can organize something in your area. I'm sure you can suggest someone you know plays professionally and would not mind giving lessons.

Joe
Duduk
no problem - if it's an 2 or 3 day event we can have 2 or 3 masters showing / teaching - it has bennn done many times wink.gif before
you can have a class w/ Albert Vardanyan / Shea (Sheram) A.J. Comfort / Rubik Harutyunyan / Vardan Harutyunyan / Megel Mkrtich MAlxasyan / Yeghish / Levon and many others
it all depends haw many students and how long ( days ) the classes are going to be
joe
QUOTE(Duduk @ Jun 21 2007, 11:35 PM) *

no problem - if it's an 2 or 3 day event we can have 2 or 3 masters showing / teaching - it has bennn done many times wink.gif before
you can have a class w/ Albert Vardanyan / Shea (Sheram) A.J. Comfort / Rubik Harutyunyan / Vardan Harutyunyan / Megel Mkrtich MAlxasyan / Yeghish / Levon and many others
it all depends haw many students and how long ( days ) the classes are going to be

Ok. Sounds good. I'll wait to see the responses, although I'm not sure I expressed the issue with all members through the site. Do you have an idea what their cost would be ?
Duduk
for me it's a a good experience and fun / we charge nothing
it will be good idea for you to bring your duduks & all of your reed's
i will look in to them see if you need to have them fine tuned / get them ready for the class - this way all of the duduk's will be matching

as for the $ for the masters - depending on who the master will be & how many students, how many classes & how long
depending if the master knows English or not - if not - we need to bring in a translator

i recommend not more then 3 students at the time, 4 at the most.

It will be good idea if the students are same "caliber" - what I'm trying to say - a beginner and a Intermediate musician can;t be in the same class -IT will be to advanced for a beginner and a More advanced musician's might not get anything out of it, if the master is going to start from 0

one of the first thinks to do - for each and everyone to take a moment and see what is he looking for / haw much do yo know and what do you wish to learn - ofcourse the master will listen to you - test haw you play haw advanced you are - then will decide what you need first

then after we know haw many of you need to be in the beginners / how many need to be in more advanced / how many need to be in Mugham ( improvisation ) we will find the master that will be suitable for the class

Most of the time we will video tape the lessons & gave each one of you a copy on the end, this way you have something to go back to just in case you will forget something wink.gif in a week you might not even remember 30-to-40% of it

3 months a go we had 4 students for a week - 4 classes- each class 2 hours - one hour class - 1 hour rest then 1 hour class
1 class every other day / so you have a day to practice / work on what you have learned before you go back
it was done in our shop so no $$ was spend renting a classroom - but if you wish it can be arranged - also in Pasadena one of our cultural centers or schools that we work with can provide a room - sorry don;t know the cost - if any

our shop is located in Pasadena on Colorado Blvd. many motels are available and are close by, in walking distance - so the chose is your - you tell me how you wish for me to organize the class and we will do it for you
joe
QUOTE(Duduk @ Jun 27 2007, 08:39 PM) *

for me it's a a good experience and fun / we charge nothing
it will be good idea for you to bring your duduks & all of your reed's
i will look in to them see if you need to have them fine tuned / get them ready for the class - this way all of the duduk's will be matching

as for the $ for the masters - depending on who the master will be & how many students, how many classes & how long
depending if the master knows English or not - if not - we need to bring in a translator

i recommend not more then 3 students at the time, 4 at the most.

It will be good idea if the students are same "caliber" - what I'm trying to say - a beginner and a Intermediate musician can;t be in the same class -IT will be to advanced for a beginner and a More advanced musician's might not get anything out of it, if the master is going to start from 0

one of the first thinks to do - for each and everyone to take a moment and see what is he looking for / haw much do yo know and what do you wish to learn - ofcourse the master will listen to you - test haw you play haw advanced you are - then will decide what you need first

then after we know haw many of you need to be in the beginners / how many need to be in more advanced / how many need to be in Mugham ( improvisation ) we will find the master that will be suitable for the class

Most of the time we will video tape the lessons & gave each one of you a copy on the end, this way you have something to go back to just in case you will forget something wink.gif in a week you might not even remember 30-to-40% of it

3 months a go we had 4 students for a week - 4 classes- each class 2 hours - one hour class - 1 hour rest then 1 hour class
1 class every other day / so you have a day to practice / work on what you have learned before you go back
it was done in our shop so no $$ was spend renting a classroom - but if you wish it can be arranged - also in Pasadena one of our cultural centers or schools that we work with can provide a room - sorry don;t know the cost - if any

our shop is located in Pasadena on Colorado Blvd. many motels are available and are close by, in walking distance - so the chose is your - you tell me how you wish for me to organize the class and we will do it for you
OK. Sounds good to me. Will see how many responses we get. I'm going to assume they will be beginners.

QUOTE(joe @ Jun 29 2007, 03:30 PM) *

OK. Sounds good to me. Will see how many responses we get. I'm going to assume they will be beginners.

Are these instructors local ?
Duduk
yes

ben_horwood
Sounds like fun but...

1. I live on the wrong side of the Earth (Australia)
2. I am very busy at the moment with my college studies
3. I am broke, and I don't actually own a duduk (yet)

But count me there in spirit at least tongue.gif

Maybe next time my circumstances will be more favourable.

Ben H
Duduk
smile.gif we will make it favorable for you smile.gif
ben_horwood
QUOTE(Duduk @ Jul 1 2007, 05:11 AM) *

smile.gif we will make it favorable for you smile.gif

Come to Australia for a visit... you will love it here. biggrin.gif
Duduk
QUOTE(ben_horwood @ Jul 1 2007, 12:39 AM) *

Come to Australia for a visit... you will love it here. biggrin.gif

I have family in Sydney and Melbourne

one of my uncles has moved to Australia in 1989
he passed a way in 90s RAP / his kids and wife are still in Australia

Australia is one of my most favorite destinations / and since i do hunt / was promised a good time hunting & Fishing - my problems is the time time time

will one day smile.gif thanks for the invite
Colin
I'd love to attend the classes but I'm stuck here in Nova Scotia with little to no money sad.gif
Maybe someday I can visit Pasadena!! This should be a yearly event.

I'll just have to sit here in the valley, drinking a beer sending out some good vibrations from the Maritimes tongue.gif
Duduk
My Good friend Colin smile.gif lets switch smile.gif
yo in Pasadena Me in Nova Scotia
you know i love that place smile.gif

Moses

ok i have a price for you $150 for each 2 hours - for up to 4 students
you will get Albert Vardanyan & Sheram
joe
QUOTE(Duduk @ Jul 9 2007, 03:04 AM) *

My Good friend Colin smile.gif lets switch smile.gif
yo in Pasadena Me in Nova Scotia
you know i love that place smile.gif

Moses

ok i have a price for you $150 for each 2 hours - for up to 4 students
you will get Albert Vardanyan & Sheram

Ok. Moses - You are saying that 150.00 cover a 2 hour session with up to 4 players total. Therefore approx $ 40.00 each ? If that is the deal, then I can go for that. I have approx 216 hits on that question of lessons but only a few takers at the moment. I wonder how I can get to these guys , or even I am getting to them through e-mail. I understand that only Northamerican members have a better chance to attend. Your thoughts?

Joe
Duduk
150.00 cover a 2 hour session with up to 4 students at the time

only Northamerican members have a better chance to attend ??? ONly - anyone that can get to Pasadena smile.gif their welcome to join in smile.gif
joe
QUOTE(Duduk @ Jul 10 2007, 03:07 AM) *

150.00 cover a 2 hour session with up to 4 students at the time
only Northamerican members have a better chance to attend ??? ONly - anyone that can get to Pasadena smile.gif their welcome to join in smile.gif

Ok. I'll keep you posted as people contact me for imfo. Is there a better time of year to do this ?
Duduk
QUOTE(joe @ Jul 13 2007, 02:20 PM) *

Ok. I'll keep you posted as people contact me for imfo. Is there a better time of year to do this ?

it can be don any time
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.