Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Europ
Duduk.com > Duduk > Teachers - Lessons - Recording Artists
Duduk
Teachers - Lessons - Recording Artists
Jon le Champignon...
Heyho to all Duduk.com 'boarders' !!!

I'm Jon, live in Wimbledon,U.K. and am the proud owner of 5 (soon to be 6) duduks made by late master OMO
which I am very happy with,and will be even happier once I have learnt to play them properly biggrin.gif

I played with a 'space-rock' band called Ozric Tentacles for nearly 18 years,mostly playing flutes.In fact I managed to use a 'blul' on a track called 'Zoemetra' on one of our c.d's called 'Spirals in Hyperspace'

I now play with two other bands: one called Dream Machine ( www.dreammachineonline.co.uk ) and a dance-outfit with one of my old Ozric buddies Zia (their former bass-player)and Joie (former synth-player) which is called Zubzub.

I'm working on my own album at the moment as well as some film-music and will be playing as a guest for my american friend Thom Watkiss on his latest project in Sweden at the end of may.

I'm a huge fan of a guy who lives stateside and who has been my 'invisible teacher' of ney,kaval, zurna and duduk for many years now,and with whom I had the utmost pleasure in both hearing live and meeting,his name is Omar Faruk Tekbilek, and I think his music is some of the best that I have ever heard.

There is also a forum on www.rubbishrecords.co.uk which is a haven of interesting info for anyone wishing to catch up with what is going down this side of the pond as regards new music and lots of other interesting topics for one's amusement..

Here's wishing my friend Movses and all at Duduk.com a peaceful and prosperous summer..

Peace/out
easy
hello,

i'm serching a duduk master in israel?

peace

easy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.